Recommended Reading List
I use Goodreads to track everything I read (at least in book form). If you want to follow along, feel free to check out my “Read” shelf on the Goodreads site HERE.
The following recommendations may change as time goes on and I discover new favorites or change my viewpoint on previous favorites. They are not sorted, so feel free to pick and choose depending on what might benefit you the most.
- The Mind of War: John Boyd and American Security by Grant Hammond
- Playing to Win: Becoming the Champion by David Sirlin
- My Adventures with Your Money: George Graham Rice and the Golden Age of the Con Artist by T.D. Thornton
- Capitalism without Capital: The Rise of the Intangible Economy by Jonathan Haskel & Stian Westlake
- Characteristics of Games by George Skaff Elias & Richard Garfield
- Be Like the Fox: Machiavelli In His World by Erica Benner
- The Big Con: The Story of the Confidence Man by David Maurer
- Capital Without Borders: Wealth Managers and the One Percent by Brooke Harrington
- The Mark Inside: A Perfect Swindle, a Cunning Revenge, and a Small History of the Big Con by Amy Reading
- What Makes Sammy Run? by Budd Schulberg
- Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy
- Fables of Fortune: What Rich People Have That You Don’t Want by Richard Watts
- The Gervais Principle by Venkatesh Rao
- The Education of a Coach by David Halberstam
- The Fish That Ate the Whale: The Life and Times of America’s Banana King by Rich Cohen
- Autopilot: The Art and Science of Doing Nothing by Andrew Smart
- The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel Levitin
- Narconomics: How to Run a Drug Cartel by Tom Wainwright
- Other People’s Money: The Real Business of Finance by John Kay
- Frenzy: Bubbles, Busts, and How to Come Out Ahead by Carl Haacke
- The Professor in the Cage: Why Men Fight and Why We Like to Watch by Jonathan Gottschall
- A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by William B. Irvine
- Memory by Alan Baddeley, Michael W. Eysenck, et al.
- Learning and Memory: From Brain to Behavior by Mark A. Gluck, Eduardo Mercado & Catherine E. Myers
- The Sting Man: Inside Abscam by Robert W. Greene
Want to know more about the material listed here? I’m open to writing blog posts/reviews about whatever interests my audience, so feel free to send me a message to let me know what you’re curious about.